Tuesday, June 17, 2008

kobe bryant is still the best player alive.


when i was little, i remember people used to tell me i looked like my dad. i was slightly disappointed at this, not because my dad is unattractive, but because i wanted to look like my mom. i wanted to be everything my mom was. anyone who knows her understands her incredible talents and creativity and beauty and integrity. as i've grown up and somehow evolved into my mom's mini-me, i still am flattered beyond description when people tell me i remind them of my mom. in my appearance, in my mannerisms, in my voice, in any aspect of my personality. my mom is who i want to be when i grow up.
.
shane came over after work and pulled out a bunch of plants for my mom. he has blisters all over his hands and cuts and had been working construction all day and was probably exhausted, but he came over with a smile and wanted to help my mom. he didn't want to take her money either. and he didn't want me to get him water. and he didn't want me to be concerned about the fact that he was ripping out plants where an entire bee community lives, even though he is allergic to bees. he didn't want a band-aid for his blister. he never complains and i am amazed at that quality...mostly because i am the opposite. 
.
the lakers lost the championship to the celtics. it was an embarrassing 40 point loss, but kobe bryant is still mvp.

No comments: