Thursday, August 21, 2008

last night i got what i wanted more than anything else four months ago.
you told me you were sorry 
and that you wanted to start over.
you told me it was bad timing
and that you never meant to hurt me. 
you told me that i was always in your head
and that you were stupid for letting a girl like me go.
you tried to hold my hand
and touch my face
and remind me of how much i wanted to be with you.
you know all the right things to say.

but it didn't work this time.
it didn't work because i have something better.
someone who loves me more than you ever could.
someone who doesn't need to convince me he's sorry.
someone who was constructed for me completely.
my other half.

so i wish the best for you.
good luck in life.
you are beautiful and charismatic and cunning and a cheat.
and you don't mean a thing to me anymore.

No comments: