Tuesday, September 16, 2008

i've always had a strange way of finding the most ordinary things beautiful. i love simple things, or things overlooked, or mundane. i love anything that holds sentimental value, reminds me of what i love most, or is overused. 
i was thinking about this and how i can't think of anything more perfect than a baby's hands, and how nothing smells better to me than white linen by estee lauder, simply because it's the trademark scent of my grandmother and my mom. i could eat homemade buttermilk pancakes for every meal, and my mom's are simply the best. up until a week ago, i had the same flannel sheets for five years. i sleep on flannel sheets year round, even when it's ninety degrees outside. i had a slightly difficult time throwing away the sheets, just because my body had worn a permanent discoloration in the fabric. even though everyone in my family complains about my dad's piano playing echoing throughout the house, it is my favorite sound. when he plays the piano i feel like the house is complete; as if the quietness without it is unusual. i know that one day when i move out, i will miss the constant chaos and noise of my household...perfect clatter. 

No comments: