Thursday, March 12, 2009

dear 24 hour fitness, please get better treadmills.

so i was really excited to go to the gym tonight which is kind of a big deal because there are a lot of things that make me giddy, but unfortunately 24 hour fitness is not one of them. but i was totally in the mood and updated my ipod with a new workout playlist and i was on my way. there are two rows of treadmills at 24 hour and i really prefer the last row because they have a thicker pathway and a place to put your keys and if you're in the row in front, everyone stares at your butt when you run. and i'm just not into that. sorry, but i am not one of those girls who goes to the gym in full makeup with a bra under her sports bra to create extra cleavage. not my style. but anyway, all the treadmills in back were taken so i opted for one of the skinnier ones and put in my earphones and turned on my lil wayne and i was owning that treadmill.
until my foot slipped off the edge of that stupid skinny treadmill,
and i stumbled very loudly,
and almost almost tumbled off,
and everyone stopped to look at me,
and i was super embarrassed.
but you bet i got right back on that treadmill and ignored the awkward stares of the fellow runners and i pretended the mexican behind me checking out my ass was not there. i just kept on running and you bet i burned a seriously amount of calories. 
but next time, i might wait for the wider treadmill.

No comments: