Thursday, June 4, 2009

one year ago today, my best friend entered the mtc on a bolivia-bound mission.
one year ago today also, i made a really unfortunate but seemingly honorable decision at 7am over breakfast at paul's pantry in mission viejo regarding my then-current boyfriend.
ten months ago, i sat on a bench in my back yard with a boy who broke my heart and listened to him beg for my forgiveness and apologize for his actions and tell me he wanted to marry me when he came back from serving the Lord in portland.
nine months ago, on a night in september, that same boy sent me one last text message before he too entered the mtc.
seven months ago, on the night of thanksgiving, i made one of the smartest choices of my life and left my then-boyfriend at the denny's on ortega and promised myself i would never settle again.
seven months ago, on that same night, i texted my high school boyfriend for support and counsel as i began the process of putting my life back together post-breakup.
seven months ago and five days after beginning my life-rehab process, i received my first letter from my portland missionary.
six months ago, on january 5th, i packed my car and moved to utah, with that sweet high school boyfriend driving the whole way.


one year from today, i will be celebrating the homecoming of my bolivian elder.
and fifteen months from now, i have a date with fate. 

2 comments:

gr8apey said...

emma dear...how much can you pack into a year?!

emma johnson said...

i know. it's all just very very complicated!!