Tuesday, June 30, 2009


today marks week 3 of my summer fitness program so i decided to bump up my cardio to 2 miles a day, five days a week and to extend my weight routine to five days a week instead of the usual three. i started off my workout with a quick mile on the treadmill and then worked out my biceps, chest and abs. in the past, when i went to the gym, i would always notice those grossly sweaty people who leave all the equipment wet and i couldn't help but stare and think to myself "how in the world could someone be that sweaty?"
well, ladies and gentlemen, tonight i was that person. 
for the first time in my life, i seriously dripped sweat at the gym. it was disgusting. and to top off my disgusting-ness, i even grunted a little bit when doing my sets. real grunting, too. not the mocking grunt i've done in the past for entertainment, i was really so fatigued and working my body so hard that i made noises. after our weight training, we finished off running another mile. now, for those of you who are not aware, david is an animal at the gym. he is by far the most athletic person i have ever known in my life, and working out with him is usually such motivation for me. but today, i was on one. i was a little bit out of control and when i noticed him turning off his treadmill after only .81 miles, i was peeved and immediately snapped at him and you bet he bumped the speed up and finished that mile hard. 
now let me get on my soap box for a minute. if i, emma johnson, arguably the most unathletic person on the planet, can work out hard 5 days a week, anyone can. get out there and do it. it will make you feel better, i promise.
i am going to italy in exactly one month! i can't find words for my excitement. it's going to be over 100 degrees and the italian people don't believe in air conditioning, so today i bought a few more summer dresses since that is probably the only thing i will be wearing in italy. i am so so excited to see their culture and eat their food and i hear italian men are unbelievably gorgeous. should be quite the adventure :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth Pinner said...

I'm so proud of you Emma! I want in on this summer fitness program haha. I wanna see you take direction from David haha

Cortney said...

I am super jealous that you are going to Italy. And Italian men are absolutely gorgeous... I married one!

Shanna said...

Before going to Belize I drove around with no air conditioning and the windows up to get my body adapted to heat. It worked pretty well-- but I was freezing when I got back to rainy NorCal!
P.S. avoid shopping or eating at places near major tourist attractions, and don't miss out on the amazing pastries and authentic pizza. You're going to have so much fun!