Monday, February 1, 2010

since today starts a new week, i woke up for classes, and then went on a run through hyde park. it was sooo pretty and it looked like a scene straight out of a movie, except it was freezing cold outside and it hurt to inhale the cold air. probably wasn't the best idea for the little cough i have, but oh well, it was beautiful and i felt good all day.
i then took a shower and audrey and macy and i went to the store to pick up a few things. i bought a journal, which i am obsessed with and can't wait to start writing in. it seems like it has a million empty pages, and i can't help but wonder what memories those pages will someday record. i don't think i've ever felt so optimistic about my future before. for the first time in my life, everything has fallen into place perfectly. i know exactly what i want, and i am well on my way to getting it. everything is obtainable to me, the world is mine, and i am loving every minute of it.
we then had dinner, stuffed baked potatoes, and since we don't eat the whole day, we were starving as usual. i have to say, one stuffed baked potato did not satisfy my appetite and i was wanting more. big time. i think i might wake actually wake up for breakfast tomorrow just because i am going to sleep hungry. sad times.


after dinner the whole program went to see oliver! the musical. we were early, and since the theater is so conveniently located next to a ben's cookies, we stopped and i thoroughly enjoyed a triple chocolate. really, if you've never had the opportunity to try a ben's cookie, i feel sorry for you. they are just that good.


but anyway, the show was entertaining and the kids in it were so cute and did such a good job, but the story line was all messed up and they left out so much which kind of bothered me. mr. brownlow as oliver's grandfather?? and where are the maylies?? i was bothered.


i am now in my bed and i have yet again procrastinated my homework and i have a two page mythology paper due tomorrow morning. don't mind that it's 12.26am. no big deal, i can pop out a paper in no time...hopefully.
one of the girls mentioned today that we are 27% finished with our time here. it made me terribly sad to think about, because i absolutely love every minute here. i love the girls, i love this beautiful building, i love the charming city, i love the underground, i love the chilly weather, i love the accents, i love my classes, i love this incredible food i eat everyday, i love everything about my experience here and part of me wishes time would slow down so i could continue to enjoy it for longer. but time doesn't stop for anyone, even me, and i know that all too soon my time here will be finished. i really hope that at that time, i will be ready to come home and that i will be able to look back at my semester abroad and feel content that i made the most out of it. i have learned so much about myself already and i can't wait to see what the next two and a half months has in store for me here.
i just got a blackberry message from that cute boyfriend of mine simply saying "you are so pretty."
oh life is good. 

1 comment:

Kelsy Alsup said...

i love reading your life...i even wish it was mine! i love your love for london! xoxo