Saturday, February 27, 2010

today we slept in (which was much needed) and then went to borough market, which is probably one of my top five favorite places in london town. it's this farmers market of sorts full of the most delish and semi-exotic foods and fresh baked goods and homegrown produce and i just love it. i got some chicken curry, which was nice, but a teensy bit too spicy for my liking, and then jenny and i split the best fish and chips i've ever had! it was so good. we were finished eating and still had some left when this homeless man came up to me immediately and asked if i was going to eat the rest of it. i said no and offered it to him and he looked at me like i'd just given him a million dollars. here i am, getting two meals when people right in front of me can't afford anything.i am so blessed. after fish and chips, i got a brownie and then a lemon san pellegrino which is my favorite drink of all time. the key to my heart is lemon san pellegrino, fyi.

we bought tickets to the london aquarium a while ago and since today was saturday and we had nothing planned, we decided to go. we were all really excited about it, but sadly disappointed by the end of our experience. i suppose that i am just spoiled, being from california where the aquariums are massive and full of exotic, pretty fish and right next to sea world, where all sorts of incredible sea creature are contained. the london aquarium was mediocre. if you're planning on visiting london town soon, don't waste your money.

we're leaving to go to dinner in a couple minutes, but before i finish my blog for the day, i wanted to leave you with this little gem. i've had a cough since the second week i got here, and it seems to be getting worse and worse. and it doesn't help that all thirteen of the girls in my dorm are deathly ill as well. here's to germs, being under the weather, and coughing up a lung 24 hours a day! enjoy!


1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hi! I just wanted to say thanks for the candid and wonderful blog post. I found this so helpful that I thought my readers would benefit from your insights, as well. I've posted a quote from this blog on my website, LandingPadLondon.com. Here's a link to the page where I've quoted you: http://www.landingpadlondon.com/sea-life-london-aquarium/

I think you're a great writer and really appreciate your candor. If you're interested in contributing to LandingPadLondon.com, we're always looking for great writers like you to join our team. If you're interested, get in touch via my blog or my site.

Thanks again!