Friday, April 16, 2010

this week was a big old series of unfortunate events. 
as it was finals week, audrey and i lived in the library.
and you might think that by saying we lived in the library i'm exaggerating, but no. i'm not.
on monday, i took a shower, put on my sweats and did not change until friday.
i'm sorry if that's an overshare, but it's true.
i spent all day, everyday learning all of the information i failed to take in during this semester. 
on wednesday night, before my mythogy and shakespeare finals, i did not sleep.
audrey made a bed in the library window seat, i drank 3 sugar free red bulls within eight hours, took two excedrin, and kellen and i outlined the entire ovid metamorphoses
if you ever have a question about greek mythology, come to me.
i got through this week of hell because my mom and my brother were coming on friday morning to spend my final days in london with me.
i was so excited to see them and i was even more excited to flee the center for a fancy hotel.
however, a volcano in iceland decided to erupt on friday morning, and lo and behold, their flight was cancelled and all western european flights are cancelled and now myself and all 40 of the girls who live here will have no choice but to remain in the london center until next week.
i am so sad/angry/annoyed.
all i wanted was to show my mom some london magic.
icelandic volcano = satan's volcano.
now you might be reading this thinking that my complaining about being stuck in one of the world's greatest cities is ridiculous, but trust me, you haven't lived in a house of 40 girls for 4 months before. 
i need to escape.

1 comment:

shawna henrie said...

leigh said that "ooo...it was for a reason...your plane was probably going to crash" so on that note, i guess i need to thank someone for setting that volcano on fire, and changing the jetstream, just so that my life, and only my precious life would be saved. see, its all going to be ok. i am alive!!!

and i wish i could save you...but you will just have to go shopping or something...eat your last fish and chips for me, and visit kensington palace once again.

i think the thing that i am most angry about is the killer deal i got for the london landmark hotel. i scored big time in the price department. all my hard work with the illiterate orbitz lady, hours and hours on the internet...all gone in a flash of volcanic ash.

i can think of a few worse things, but a spewing volcano erupting in a glacier takes the cake. did you know there are pieces of ice scattered all over iceland? i guess a flimsy umbrella wouldnt work there. just plain weird.

now just pray your wednesday flight doesnt get cancelled. then this all of a sudden is NOT very funny anymore.

did i just dream all of this?