Thursday, October 21, 2010

being the control freak i am, i try really hard to plan my life.
i plan for the weekend, i plan what i'm going to have for dinner, i plan to study all day tomorrow for my last midterm, i plan what i'm going to wear to church on sunday.
i try and i try, and most of the time i fail.
because truth is, i don't have control of my life.
life continues to take me places i never thought i'd go.
i never thought i'd be the girl from a broken family, i never thought i'd live in london for four months, i never thought i'd actually pursue going to law school.
but here i am. 
sometimes life takes you places you don't plan on going to.
it takes you scary places, dark places, happy places, and sometimes it takes you back.
back to places that are exactly what you need. 

2 comments:

Jack and Melissa McIntyre said...

I think you got the "control freak" gene from our side of the family..it has it's pros & cons as you have pointed out. After Jessica's accident, I thought that I had absolutely NO control over anything..a very humbling experience. BUT after thinking about it, I realized that I did have a choice.. to deal with losing Jessica the right way or the wrong way. No matter where you are..whether you are standing in a crowd of success or on a depleted desert of dissapointment, you ALWAYS have the blessing of free agency. And your Heavenly Father is with you every step of the way..don't ever forget that Emma. Life for me now is not about what trials come my way, but how I choose to deal with those trials..an empowerment that lasts through the eternities. I am so grateful for each & every day..to KNOW of our Heavenly Father's love for us. I love YOU Emma..always & forever! Aunt Melissa

shawna henrie said...

amen. love this melissa. and i love you, emma.