Tuesday, December 14, 2010

i woke up this morning to an unheard voicemail on my phone. don't worry, it was bambi from wells fargo, checking to see how i am doing. apparently my break down last week made quite the impression. 
i cried again today. it sucks, i hate crying. my face hurts and i look like a nightmare the whole rest of the day. as you can see. 
maybe i cried because i had to pay $25 to get two pairs of jeans repaired, when the nordstrom at mission viejo would've done it for free. stupid utards love to rip me off. 
or maybe i cried today because i've gained 5lbs of "love weight" since getting back together with david. i can't help it, the man feeds me so well. 
or maybe i cried today because i have 4,000 words of anthropological insight due on friday that i haven't started. oops, my bad.
or maybe i cried today because i'm going to start my period soon and my hormones are all over the place and i'm not crazy after all? not likely.
or maybe i cried today because i feel like everywhere i look there are happy, jolly, loving families and i simply don't have that anymore.
or maybe i cried today because reality is setting in that i am a big old adult now. a big adult with big adult problems. a big adult who discusses big adult issues like credit scores and obama's extension of the bush-era tax cuts and the benefits of a gluten-free diet. 
i don't know when this happened to me, but it did. 
i had to grow up over this past year, and i'm still not happy about it. 

2 comments:

George Eliot said...

Emmalouwho,

I feel your pain. On multiple fronts. I miss you guys. We should try to get together over Christmas to join forces against the world that really sucks sometimes...Hang in there! I love you!

Love,
Nicole Gharda

Unknown said...

Emma,
Everyone needs a good cry once in a while. I was on rachy's blog and decided to click over to yours. Haven't visited for a while :-). I just wanted to write you a comment and wish you a very merry christmas and to say, cheer up buttercup...isn't it winter break soon?!?!? :-) It's like I have said once before...when life gives you lemons put them down your shirt to make your boobs look bigger. lol. no but seriously...the reality is People change. Circumstances change. You just keep looking up emma....you deserve the best!!! Even when youve been crying you are still so very beautiful. fyi :-)