Saturday, December 25, 2010

today was my first day as an engaged woman.
it also happened to be christmas day, but that was a minor side note to me.
the burtons, my future in-laws, are officially the most incredible people alive. they made sure santa knew i was going to be here for christmas and they even got me a stocking. let me tell you, i must've been a very very good girl this year to deserve all of this.
i know, i'm looking super pretty these days.
to mike and theresa, if you ever read this blog, thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my little heart for everything you've given me! including that handsome son of yours... :)
anyyyway, since i now have a big old ring on my finger, i love to pose like this:
photo taken immediately after engagement
photo from this morning with our new outfits from santa
and can you blame me?
after presents and breakfast, we tried to see a movie but we were late and it was sold out so we came back home and we took a nice little nap until it was time for dinner. we went to brandon and sarah's house and played with the kid's new toys and then had the best ham dinner ever. i sure do love a good holiday ham. 
the only downside to today is the unfortunate laker loss to the heat, but the lakers have an unfortunate history of losing on christmas day and it was an off day. even the greatest have off days, my friends.
long story short, i am happy. very. very. happy. 

1 comment:

shawna henrie said...

i am so glad they took such good care of you...i had no doubt that theresa would treat you like one of her own. thats why when you told me you would be in texas for christmas, i was only sad for me...i knew you would be well taken care of! the burtons are great people, and i am grateful you will be a part of such a wonderful family. i am so glad your christmas was perfect...and now you have many more to look forward to as the newest "burton family". so excited for you and you new adventure! i am here with you, emma...every step of the way. i support you and love you forever and ever.