Sunday, October 26, 2008







one of the top reasons i love my life is because i have a disneyland pass! my daddy bought it for me on friday and i had forgotten how much i absolutely love the place. i was so excited about churros and seeing the disney princesses and the merry-go-round and the indiana jones ride, i couldn't stop smiling. shane and i decided that whenever our lives get too serious or too complicated or too dramatic, we need to stop what we're doing and go to disneyland...the perfect remedy for any dark day.

other reasons for loving my life include:
- lil wayne.
- the nightmare before christmas dvd and the way i know every word.
- shane's and my habit of making everything plural. example: "shanes will yous kisses me pleases?"
- the new tv.
- the upcoming half yearly sale at work.
- the perfect fit of my william rast jeans.

and above anything else, my family.
lately i've realized how important family is and how lucky i am. i know i must have done some incredible things in my previous life to deserve these amazing people. i've been fortunate enough to live a pretty perfect life, but when times got hard in the past, i knew without a doubt that there were six beautiful people who would do anything to help me through it. that is what family is about. supporting each other through everything. hard times, good times. it's about putting your own selfish thoughts aside and putting someone else before you...because you love them more than you love yourself. 

i can't imagine my life without the residents of 6 rue cezanne and i am so blessed. 

2 comments:

shawna henrie said...

well said emma. you are absolutely right. i will always be here for you...even when you screw up. just dont screw up, ok? and you even put the photo up of me with crazy eyes. youre so sweet.

Greg Dowden said...

Emma I love this one! First off all the pics on your blog are so cute! I totally love all of you! And you are 100% right about family! And your family is dabomb.com...you're right! Miss ya 2nd lil sis! LOL! But it looks like you're doing just fine! :)