Sunday, April 5, 2009

friday night date with my dad.

my sweet little daddy came up to visit again this weekend. after a cheeseburger at hires big h, shopping at anthropologie and ben's cookies (my ultimate favorite, for more than one reason ;) ), we went to the jazz game and had great seats. kyle korver was literally inches away from me and i am determined to make him fall in love with me. no big deal, right? i chatted with the security lady and she told me he is really shy so i should make the first move...maybe i should add him on facebook or follow him on twitter?

after dinner we went to the most amazing place for dinner. cuchina toscano. if you've never been...you are missing out big time! the owner of the restaurant, walter, takes pride in greeting every customer he has. he shook our hands and he kissed my face and he speaks broken english with a heavy italian accent and he is just the cutest old man i have ever seen. hands down. anyway, after we met walter, my dad asked him to give us "the works" and to bring us whatever he thought was the best on the menu. and good thing too, because i could not read that italian menu for the life of me. so walter started rambling italian to our server and we had no idea what we were going to eat, we just knew it was going to be great. and it was. sooo good. i wish i could remember exactly what we ate, but i can't and words wouldn't do justice anyway. just go. and don't try to read the menu. just have walter take care of you. 




1 comment:

shawna henrie said...

i am so glad you and aenon are having so much fun! your dad is enjoying it too!!