Saturday, May 1, 2010

well.
just when i think my life couldn't get any more complicated, i have to take my mother to the emergency room. i don't know why i was even surprised that this happened to me because intense emotional upheavals seem to be all the rage in my life lately.
but hey, life is giving me lemons and i'm going to keep trying to make some lemonade. even though at this point, lemon water would be a miracle. 
for the record, my mom is now fine, and i have since recovered from the trauma of her vomiting on my steve maddens.
on a happier note, i love all of my classes this semester.
i was a little stressed the night i spent at orem community hospital because i had 90 pages of humanities reading to get to for the next day, but i was preoccupied with something so so much more important. so  unsurprisingly, i did not finish it and i was all anxious and stressed the next day because i like being a prepared student. so i went to humanities 202 and sat down and was really nervous because being nervous about academics is just in my nature these days and then professor kramer turned on his powerpoint and we started talking about the northern renaissance and the combination of economy and art and german oil paintings during that period and i wasn't nervous anymore. i love learning, and i especially love humanities. i love the arts. i appreciate them. i am culturally literate.
the past few days have also been quite a struggle because i am attempting to reform my eating habits. my senior year of high school i ate insanely healthy. it was all chicken and vegetables and fruit and very very little carbs. and honestly it was one of the happiest seasons of my life because i felt really good. but once i went to college and i had roommate who ate macaroni and cheese and brought home krispy kremes every week, my eating habits changed. and pretty much since then, i eat whatever i want. and it's a miracle i am not 300 pounds considering the way that i eat. so, here i am, on this diet consisting of fruits, vegetables and chicken for 40 days. only water, no oils, no butter, no sauces, no nutrisweet. only the pure stuff. and it's been really, really hard so far. but i'm a determined little thing when i decide i want something and i've promised myself i'm going to complete this diet. so if you see me in person and i'm a little bit cranky or lethargic or sad, don't judge me. it's the diet.
movie reviews as of late:
date night - i saw it with my mom last night. i had heard from numerous people, including my own siblings, about how funny and cute it was. hunter did say that it was "a little bit sketchy" but i disregarded his commentary because he is kind of a grandpa about inappropriate things. he always tells me my dress is too short, etc. anyway, i have to agree with him. maybe i am just a grandma too, but i thought the movie tried very hard to be scandalous and pg-13 and it was forced. it wasn't natural for the setting of the movie or the actors in the movie, and it felt awkward to me. it did make me laugh, and i did think mark wahlberg's body was sexy, but overall, it wasn't anything to rave about.
why yes, liam hemsworth, i will date you.
the last song - kels and i went to see it today. don't judge us, we love miley okay? not only is the boy in this movie absolutely the cutest boy in the world, liam hemsworth, but the movie was surprisingly emotional. miley is still a terrible actor and it was fairly predictable and unrealistic (miley, a musical child prodigy, is accepted to juliard even though she hasn't played the piano in years) but i enjoyed it. miley's scar on her forehead and her crooked front tooth and her flared upper lip really bothered me at times, but i tell you, that boy made up for it. maybe this is my hormones talking because liam hemsworth is shirtless for half the movie, but who cares. it was enjoyable. 
good things as of late:
the lakers will dominate the jazz and i will be wearing my lakers paraphernalia in all of its glory this week.
i love cherry tomatoes.
i get to wake up to whitney myler every morning.
the weather next week is supposed to be dramatically better.
my best friend in bolivia comes home in one month and 21 days exactly.
summer time is near.
i've started to regain my once bronzed, tan, skin tone. 
i just bought my most favorite shampoo in the world and i can't wait to shower (weird for me, i know).
costco has the most delicious strawberries available right now.

3 comments:

shawna henrie said...

i am so grateful you were the one carefully driving your nauseated and in pain mother to the little bootleg hospital in the sticks. i wouldnt have wanted anyone else there by my side. you WERE the only calm one, i have to say. good practice for future hospital drama. its simple...stay calm and ask for drugs. and so sorry i accidentally barfed on your shoe. i swear my aim was really good...

and so glad you love the arts. you come from a long line of artists, so it runs in your blood.

Kelsy Alsup said...

1. did you design your new title? i love it
2. i am so happy you're back in provo (from previous post)
3. I hated mylie's dang tooth the entire movie
4. she is one lucky girl with that BF! Liam is HOT
5. You can do this diet. it will be so good to eat healthy and then save money and go shopping!!!
6. I am so happy you're back...did I already say that? I really am

emma johnson said...

to kels:
1. yes i did. do you want me to show you how??
2. agreed.
3. agreed.
4. agreed.
5. agreed big time!