Monday, December 20, 2010

today was my birthday.
the big 21.
i am now completely legal.
david's family bought a beautiful home in the dallas area, prosper, this past summer, so we are spending the holidays in the dirty south. fun fact: deon "primetime" sanders lives down the street. i didn't know who he was, but i do now. he's a former nfl player, and his house is a humble 40,000 square feet. no big deal.  
prosper's original post office
anyway, we started off my birthday morning with breakfast at the cotton gin, an ancient restaurant in downtown prosper. i decided calories don't exist on my birthday, so i got a fat breakfast burrito and had toast with peach jam. and i was happy.  
 
david's sweet mom theresa surprised me with balloons and my favorite flowers (peonies) and my favorite magazine (instyle) and my favorite birthday cake (red velvet). it's obvious why david is such an incredible man - he comes from an equally amazing family. so generous and kind and accepting and loving. i felt at home the minute i walked in the door, a feeling hard to come by for me these days. 
we spent the day at the house and then went to an early dinner at la hacienda in frisco. david's oldest brother brandon and his cute family met us there and i dined on chicken and steak fajitas that rocked my world. david ordered "the whole enchilada" which was a platter of about every mexican delight you could imagine. mexican food is a passion of mine, so i was a very happy, but full, girl. they even brought me a brownie sunday and sang happy birthday to me. it was perfect.
david's niece and nephew, ella and brody
after dinner we came back to the house and had cake and ice cream and played with the kiddies and now david and i are in the home theater looking for a movie. i feel content and happy and like life makes sense again.
i love the holidays and i love my man. 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

this is such a lovely post!
I can feel the warmth coming through your pictures.
It's been raining for almost a week where I'm at, so much for sunny southern california.

happy late birthday too!