Sunday, March 7, 2010


we had every intention of being on time when we left an hour early this morning, but unfortunately we got on the wrong train and then all fell asleep for forty minutes before we realized it was the wrong train. once we woke up from our little nap and looked around, we realized we were very far away and so we got off the train, switched directions and got on a bus, and ended up at church eventually...two and a half hours of travel. i swear, every week is a different adventure. i would normally be really upset about being late to church, because i think being late is rude, but the sun was shining and it was fairly warm today and i was just fine with our little detour. i'm slowly but surely learning to go-with-the-flow more. i think that's one thing that living here and doing this program has taught me. sometimes i can't be totally in control of everything, and it's okay. 

so maybe after church, it was such a glorious sunny day that we stopped and got gelato. maybe, just maybe this happened. sometimes you have to celebrate life with ice cream. 
once we got back to our flat, i immediately changed into my favorite sweats and climbed into bed and checked my email a little bit and then proceeded to take my regular sunday nap. i love sunday naps. i would prefer them at home, in my own big bed, with my snuggly boyfriend next to me, but alone in my twin bottom bunk is just fine for now. 

i love that when i wake up in the mornings, my handsome boyfriend is just getting off work or out partying with his hoodlum friends. i love starting off my day to this face, even if he is growing a nasty mustache. camera phones and blackberry messenger and skype have saved our relationship for sure. i love modern technology. i say it a lot, you're all probably sick of hearing about david, but i really won the lottery with him. he is so good to me. 40 days tomorrow until i'm back and i get to kiss his face whenever i want to. which is very very frequently. 
i wrote down my goals for this week in church today. some of them include: shower more, do homework, go to bed on time, etc. it's kind of embarrassing when you have to make it a goal to shower. what is wrong with me?
today i thought a lot about possibly changing my major to journalism and maybe minoring in design. i wish i would make up my mind already. it is time to get serious about school and get it done and get a real job and become a real adult with a big girl job and a car payment and stuff. i know it might sound weird that i'm excited to give up my "princess life" (as my mom's friend leigh corbin lovingly calls it) and become a normal person, but i can't wait to make it on my own. 
i have two tests and about seven papers due this week. pray for me, this week will be rough. however, we're planning on seeing les mes before paris, which is next monday, so i have so much to look forward to. 
i love my life, if you didn't already know.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Seven papers sounds very difficult. Good luck with that.
I agree that a warm sunny Sunday in London is to be treasured--even if you want to sleep through part of it. This time of year, you should get a few more.

Aunt Marilyn